Frequently Asked Questions
To open the recording studio in Voloco, tap the large plus “+” button.
Once you’re in the recording studio, to start recording tap the large red circle button to start recording. To stop recording, tap the red button again.
Check out this video for more info on how to get started recording in Voloco.
To record a video in Voloco, first open the recording studio by tapping the large pink plus “+” button.
Once you’re in the recording studio, you can toggle between audio and video recording by tapping the toggle button on the top center of your screen marked “Audio” and “Video.”
Here’s a tutorial about how to make a video in Voloco.
Audio delay while recording in Voloco is due to device/OS level issues. The app does not cause audio delay, delays happen because of the actual phone hardware you are using. There are several features in the app you can use to help with the delay.
1. We recommend recording with a wired headset – Voloco works best for all devices when you do this.
2. You can turn off vocal monitoring so that the delay doesn’t distract you. The vocal monitoring button is in the upper left hand corner of the recording studio screen. Turning off vocal monitoring means you can not hear your voice through your headset while you are recording, but your vocals are being recorded by Voloco.
3. You can fix the delay between the backing track and vocals *after* you record by using Vocal Sync. Vocal Sync is free for all Voloco users. Here is a video explaining how Edit Mode and Vocal Sync work.
If you’d like to see subtitles for the video in a language other than English, go to Settings —> Subtitles –> Auto Translate and then select a language to see subtitles in your preferred language.
We’re excited to share a free public beta version of a VST3/AU Voloco plugin. Please visit our plugin page for information and to download the plugin.
Please note: we have paused work on the plugin to focus on our mobile app.
To restore your purchases in Voloco on an Android device:
- Make sure you’re signed in to the same Google account you used when you purchased the preset package
- After you’ve confirmed you’re signed into the Google account you used to make purchases in Voloco, restart the app when you’re sure you have an Internet connection. The Google Play store can only restore your purchases if you restart the app when your device is connected to the internet.
To share a Voloco recording you’ve made and saved in the app, go to “My Tracks” and tap on the icon that looks like an up arrow inside a square (this is the “Share” button). The “Share” button is circled in yellow in the image below.
After you tap on “Share,” you will see up a dialog prompting you to share the track in many different ways. Select the way you want to share the track, and your phone should open the appropriate app.
You can share videos made in Voloco directly to social media. Most social media sites do not support audio-only posts. If you would like to share an audio track made in Voloco to social media, you can use a video editing app or program to create a shareable video with images of your choice plus your Voloco track as the video soundtrack.
Please submit your tracks and/or beats through our Creator Portal voloco.resonantcavity.com. If your music is approved, it will be streamable by Voloco’s millions of users.
Trouble submitting? Please try a different browser or refreshing your browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox). Also clearing your browser cache may help.
We review every Top Tracks and Voloco Beats submission. If your submission is a good fit to feature, you’ll see it marked “Approved” within a few days of submitting.
For specific questions about using a beat, please contact the beat’s producer directly about licensing the beat from them. Beats are owned by the producers who created them.
There are two options to reach a producer on Voloco. The first is by tapping on the button “Buy License” at the top of the beat viewing screen. This will take you to BeatStars website and you can purchase it directly there. Please reference the terms and agreement through BeatStars on use of the beat.
If there is not an option to purchase the beat with “Buy License,” you will need to reach out to the producer directly. Tapping on their name will take you to their profile, which has links to contact the producer directly through their social profiles.
Voloco now works as an AUv3 plugin because Apple is phasing out support for IAA. How to set up Voloco as an AUv3 plugin:
tap on the mix icon >> Plugins and EQ >> tap ‘Edit’>>tap on a green plus button>>go to ‘Audio Unit Extensions’>>tap on Voloco to add Voloco.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you can tap on the Voloco icon under the Plugins and EQ menu to open the Voloco plugin in Garageband or other DAW on your iOS device.
All billing for Voloco is handled through the app store you used to download the app. We never have access to any of your billing information.